Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 7, 2013 Letter From Sister Johnson

From: Tiffany Johnson <tiffanyj@myldsmail.net>
Date: October 7, 2013, 11:45:53 AM PDT
To: Scott Johnson <Scott4599@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: bike etc.

Also this week I plan to become a facebook missionary, so if you have any less actives or investigators you can give me there names and I can become there friend on facebook. SWEET!


On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Tiffany Johnson <tiffanyj@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hello Family and Friends,
    Well I hope everyone had a chance to watch conference this last weekend. It was amazing! I loved hearing so much about missionary work.  Know that the things taught this weekend were inspired by God. These are the things that he wants you to be working on and improving on. I was able to watch all of the sessions and just felt the spirit so strong in all of them. On Sunday we went to a home of a member. Her daughter is in her thirties and we have been working a lot with her lately. She has had an extremely difficult past and for almost her entire life hasn't allowed missionaries or any church members into her life. But just a few months ago the Lord softened her heart and she let us into her life. She is struggling to overcome addictions to pain medicine and other drugs. We have been taking her to ARP meetings (Addiction Recovery meetings) and have been teaching her as well. When we went to check on her Saturday night she started to complain about pains she was feeling and how she didn't want to really talk with us. Then I felt inspired to ask her if she has had a priesthood blessing lately (knowing that she hasn't since she was a little girl). She responded no I haven't but I think that might help. At that moment her brother-in-law (who is a really active member) walked up.(Coincidence... I think NOT!)  I than asked "hum... do you know anyone who can give you one?" She than looked up and saw Micheal and asked "Micheal will you give me a blessing?" He quickly responded yes he would love too.  Since we needed another priesthood holder we decided to schedule the blessing for Sunday afternoon right after the first conference session. Sister Powell and I then said that we would love to come and watch Conference with her, so she invited us to come over in the morning.
       When Sunday morning rolled around we road to Tonya's apartment. We watched conference together in her mothers bedroom. It was an amazing experience to see her watch and listen to our church leaders. She even wrote down questions she had so that we could talk about them afterwards. Each talk seemed perfect for her and her struggles. After the morning session we went into the living room to talk to her home teacher and Micheal. They explained priesthood blessings and how they need her faith to really make a difference. They did such a wonderful job teaching her. Than they laid there hands upon her head and began to give her a blessing.  At that moment I looked at Tonya in a new light. I saw the long road of recovery ahead of her. But she was glowing to me. I felt the love of the savior for her and knew that she was truly a daughter of God. Though she has done and continues to do things that are not alined with God, I know that through the Atonement she can be healed and that she can be forgive of these sins. I know that if it wasn't for our Savior there would be no hope for Tonya or people like her. But luckily we do have a loving Savior that can give us that hope, only IF we turn to him. I can honestly say that our Savior lives, that he loves each of us individually. He has paid the price of our sins. Do all that you can to receive of that love and forgiveness for him. Live each day thanking him for all that he has blessed you with.
        I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to my amazing parents. I love the bike they just sent me, it could not have come at a more perfect time. I have only been on my mission for a little over 2 weeks now and have gone through 2 bikes. The first bike was rusty and was so hard to petal. Than when I was riding it the bolt in the handle bar came undone. It started slipping and turning upside down while I was riding it. It completely slipped to one side and I was just trying to  balance it and not crash. I was praying so hard the entire time because we were also on a small road with no bike lane, in the dark. I know, I was being watched over during that entire ride because when I showed up to our appointment the family took a look at my bike and said I cant believe you road that here. They than let me barrow there daughters bike which was pretty small. I road it for about 4 days. Than after leaving an appointment from that same members home the pedal broke off and I got stabbed in the leg. It was a pretty deep cut and got a lot of bike grease into it. But luckily I was just right outside there home and the boyfriend came running out to help me. It was also a miracle that it broke right in front of there home. I felt really bad about breaking the bike so I went inside and apologized for it. They laughed at me and said it was not my fault the bolt fell off the pedal.  They put another pedal on and I went on my way.
       I know I can look at these experiences with my bike and say man I am just really getting picked on or have really bad luck. But I like to think there were many miracles that came from these two difficult bikes. First I learned that the people in this area love me and would do all they can to help me. I felt so loved when ever they would offer help or there bikes.  Second I know that I was protected the entire time on both of those bikes. When they broke down I was by someone that was ready and willing to help me. (MIRACLE) And Lastly I know that having these bike challenges have brought my companion and I closer together. We now have something to constantly laugh about. Sister Powell started realizing the troubles I was having and started slowing down to check on me during the rides which really meant a lot to me. So to me I was supposed to go through this trial. It may seem funny but I know that it has helped me so much. My Heavenly Father was just answering my prayers in a creative way.
       So look for the ways your prayers are being answered. I know I was not planning on seeing the answers to my prayers through broken bikes but they are still answers and I LOVE them.  Our Father in Heaven is always answering our prayers, we just have to be willing and humble enough to find out how.
             I Love each of you and am always praying for you. Keep in touch.
                                   Sister Johnson
                                                FOLLOW THE PROPHETS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment