Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Letter from Sister Tiffany Johnson December 10, 2013

Alright FAMILY and Friends are you ready for the results of Transfer calls.

  I am officially going to be a Trainer! There is only ONE new sister missionary coming this transfer so I thought that I was safe and wasn't going to be asked. I also thought I was safe because nobody called to talk to me about training like they did with my old companion. So it came as a complete shock when I heard that I would be training, so much so that I had to listen to the message a few times. I don't feel at all prepared to take on this big responsibility since I literally just finished my own training on saturday. I thought they would choose someone a lot more experienced than me to train this one sister. But when I received the call from the APs after the transfer call I felt a little more comfortable with this change. They said that they fasted and prayed for weeks, to know which Sister should train. They than reassured me that it was my name that continued to come to each of there minds and that they know God needs me to train this Sister. I too know that this is the Lord's mission and that he has a plan for us, so who am I to stand in the way and doubt his plan. I am humbled by this call and know this is going to be one of the most stressful transfers for me, but with God on my side all things are possible. At this moment I feel like the father in Mark 9 who is plead with Christ to help his son. And he says in verse 24 "the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I  believe; help thou mine unbelief." Luckily for me I know that it is only through Christ that I can make this step in my life and I pray each night that he too will help mine unbelief. I may not know the scriptures like I should, or the area as well as I need too, but I know that I am a daughter of God. That this is the true church and I need to take the counsel in Matt. 10:19 which states "take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak." I need to forget myself and happily get to work. So thank you for the support, the cheers, and the advice. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any advice feel free to send it my way.

    For this last week it has been pretty good. My companion was still hurting from the accident so we had to walk, my feet were so cold that it felt like I was walking on ROCKS. So next week I hope to find time to buy boots. But we were able to see miracles.  For example Tasha, the first lady I ever taught on my mission is on fire right now. Last sunday she stood us up again and didn't come to church. So we went to her home. I got up the courage and tried to be as bold as possible and asked "why have you not been coming to church each week, when you always commit to go." She than looked at me a little shocked and after a few moments of silence she than said "I have been afraid of hurting my dads feelings and scared what he will do when he finds out that I am joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am no longer going to go to his church with him." We thanked her for her honesty and than I told her about how she has too attend church 3 times to be baptized. I continued by explaining that though it will be hard to talk to her dad she needs to make a decision that is going to be best for her and her daughters. We left not sure what Tasha was going to do. However, Tuesday evening we were surprised to see a post on Facebook by Tasha. This is what she posted "December 28, 2013 My girls and I are gonna be Baptized @ The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints. We are very happy and have made the decision to commit our lived to Jesus Christ Our Savior. Please no judgement towards me or my children. Sorry if I offend anyone but I have to let my fear of disappointment go for the future of myself and my family. We have been looking into this future and we have decided to dedicate our lives to be able to go out and minister the word of God to the world. I love everyone equally and have a strong feeling about our future. I love you all."  Her father later told her that he is going to support her with this decision and wants her to do what is best for her family. Tasha came to everything we invited her too this week including both stake conference meets. She told everyone there about her baptism and continues to post her experiences about church and our lessons online. Her friends are beginning to show interest as well. So we plan to start teaching some of these people and she is wanting to invite a lot of her friends to her baptism. It is truly incredible. She said one evening that she wished she could be a missionary like us. I replied by saying she is an incredible missionary to her friends and family. So she said she would become a Facebook missionary for us. So if anyone wants to feel free to add Tasha Azevedo as a friend and you can hear about her next few weeks preparing for baptism from her. :D

            Well I love each of you so much and I want you to know that I love my mission. I know I am supposed to be here right now and teaching these people. I pray that each of you during this Christmas season can find someone to share the gospel with (it can be small such as inviting them to a church event). "We are simply asking all members to pray, knowing that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just “one” between now and Christmas, millions will feel the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what a wonderful gift to the Savior."
(Elder Ballard http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/put-your-trust-in-the-lord?lang=engPlease read this talk if you need ideas or support on how to do this. But there is no greater gift that you can give to someone than the gospel. 

           I LOVE YOU All. 

                    LOVE SISTER JOHNSON

1355 Stabler Ln #6
Yuba City, Ca 95993
(Feel free to send by snail mail of any advice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment